- 4 salmon fillets (150 g / 5 oz each)
- Salt and black pepper
- Juice of 1 lime
- 500 ml (1 pt) of fish stock
- 2 peeled limes (green part only – peel with a knife or use a coarse grater)
- 1 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup of fresh dill weed
- Finely grated lime zest (2)
- Garnishing: Thinly sliced or julienned peach palm tree hearts (or use jicama, instead)
- Season the salmon fillets with salt, lime juice and black pepper.
- Combine the fish stock and lime peel in a steamer and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat, arrange the salmon fillets in the steaming basket and cook for approximately 10 minutes. If you don’t have a steamer, pour the heated fish stock in a baking dish, add the lime peel and the salmon filets. Cover with aluminum foil. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F / gas mark 4) and bake for approximately 10 minutes.
- For the sauce, process the dill weed, lime zest, olive oil, salt and pepper in a blender.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F / gas mark 6).
- Line a plate with the hearts of palm slices and place a steamed salmon fillet in the center. Serve with the citrus sauce on the side, at room temperature.
Serves 4 people