- 4 Saint Peters (tilapia) fillets
- 1 ½ cups of roasted salted cashew nuts
- 5 tbsp of lemon juice
- Salt and black pepper
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ teacup of virgin olive oil
- Grind the cashew nuts in a food processor until finely ground. Transfer to a shallow dish.
- Season the fish fillets with lemon juice, salt and pepper. Let it rest for 3 minutes.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl.
- Drain the excess lemon juice from the fish fillets and dip them in the beaten eggs. Let the excess egg drain off the fillets and bread them in the cashew nut flour.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F / gas mark 6).
- Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet. Add the breaded fish fillets, 2 at a time, and cook over medium heat until golden brown, being careful not to let it get too dark.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes.
Serves 4 people