- 4 Saint Peters (tilapia) fillets (100-150 g / 3-5 oz each)
- 3 limes
- Olive oil, enough for shallow frying
- 4 slices white pan bread
- Chopped green onion, to taste
- Chopped fresh basil, to taste
- Chopped thyme (or other herb of your preference), to taste
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Zest the limes and set aside. Season the fish fillets with salt, pepper, lime juice and a drizzle of olive oil. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400oF / gas mark 6). Toast the bread slices until light golden brown. Let cool and coarsely grind in the food processor.
- Combine the breadcrumbs with the reserved lime zest and finely chopped herbs.
- Coat the fish fillets with this mixture, pressing each side firmly against the breadcrumbs.
- Shallow fry the fish fillets until golden brown.
- Turn over and fry the other side.