- 4 Saint Peters (tilapia) fillets (100-150 g / 3-5 oz each)
- 2 eggs, lightly beatten
- 1 cup all-purpose (plain) flour
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- Vegetable oil, enough for deep frying
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 cup water
- 40 ml (1.5 fl oz) dry white wine
- 2-3 tbsp honey
- 60 g (3 oz) butter, diced
- 1 bunch arugula, stems discarded, rinsed and spin-dried
- 1 garlic clove (use 1/2, if you prefer a milder garlic taste)
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup Brazil nuts
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Process all the ingredients in a food processor until a smooth paste is obtained.
- Season the fish fillets with salt and lime juice.
- Over low heat, add the butter cubes to the pan, one at a time, stirring constantly.
- Coat them in the flour, then dip in the eggs and roll in the breadcrumbs.
- Deep fry in hot oil. Dry on paper towels and serve with the arugula pesto.