- 4 Saint Peters (tilapia) fillets (100-150 g / 3-5 oz each)
- 50 ml (1.9 fl oz) dry white wine
For the salsa:
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 5 ripe tomatoes, finely diced
- Black pepper to taste
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh basil
- 300 ml extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Season the fish fillets with salt and let them marinate in the white wine for 20 minutes, in the refrigerator.
- Combine the lime juice and the salt in a bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients and toss well to combine, mashing lightly with a fork. Set them aside.
- Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Heat a griddle or skillet, add 1 tablespoon olive oil and cook the fish fillets on both sides until golden brown. Serve immediately, with the tomato salsa.